Congratulations! You’re finally ready to do it—tell your story. While this can be daunting for the novice writer, there is good news: Help is on the way.
We have taught hundreds of people how to write stories—from everyday individuals writing their own personal experiences to professional journalists crafting features on interesting people they have come across. We have written and published our own stories and books and helped many aspiring writers do the same.
During the 6-week course, you will:
• Develop a concrete vision of your story and find your voice.
• Create a Table of Contents.
• Complete 1-2 chapters.
• Gain valuable writing and editing tips.
• Determine what details to include and what to leave out.
• Explore self-publishing vs. securing an agent.
• Learn how to market your completed book.
Weekly 45-minute classes followed by a 15-minute Q&A session between participants and the instructor are conducted via prescheduled live group phone conference for 6 weeks. Participants will also receive one 30-minute one-on-one session each week with the instructor to review lessons, edit copy or answer any questions specific to his/her book. Classes are limited to five students.